Followers

About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
I'm made it past 50! married for over half my life, have 3 kids all grown and I'm loving this part of my life.I was a nurse in my younger days but an unhealthy dose of rheumatoid arthritis put a damper on my career,so I'm at home with the internet.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Let's knock down this wall....

When hubby and I bought this 95 yr old house 5 years ago,it was a renovators dream.The decor was 1930's depression and 1940's rationing in style. We scraped back the lead paint,lifted the ancient carpet and layers of lino and did basic renovation on the bathroom and kitchen and moved in. 5 years down the track the paint faded the carpet was grubby and time to start again.
So in with the blue and white paint and it came up a treat,nice and fresh.
2 of the 3 kids have left home and hubby stared at the wall between the lounge and bedroom and said "lets tear it down".He did.Now, in that bedroom was about 30 boxes of assorted hoarding of the 4 out of 5 of us that hoard. Where to put it? The tiny sleepout now has the 30 assorted boxes,plus the remainder of the stock from our failed art gallery.
Now we have somewhere to put the pool table.
Hubby is one of those ebayers, that buys things for "one day". His one day has come and now we have an assembled pool table upside down in the extended part of the loungeroom. We just have to find 4 able bodied men to help us flip it over....One day!!!
To finish the room,we need to find the able bodied men, flip the table over and move it into the other half of the room,so we can lay the carpet in the new half,then move all the loungeroom furniture in there,but first we need to finsih painting the ceiling in the old half.
Then there's these new fangled ceiling down lights that change colors,he's working on that now.Just the other day he bought a tap fitting that changes coulour when the water runs.And it doesn't just run, it pours gently over a curved piece of glass before it hits the sink.
Yesterday he had a thought that if he put rollers on his full size suit of armour, he could attatch it to the door and when anyone opened it they would come face to face with...George!!!
I'm beginning to feel like a theatre nurse..only instead of scalpel...forceps..its...glue gun..hammer...paintbrush.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I lurve comments, if popped in ,say Hi :)